Staff members in the Colorectal subspecialty unit are:
- The Ottawa Colorectal Group (OCG) - Civic Campus (website coming soon)
The unit is a fully integrated clinical practice with common patient intake and resource allocation.
- Administrative Assistants –Elizabeth Burch/Jennifer Laurin
- Dr. Husein Moloo - Unit Leader, Fellowship program director
- Dr. Lara Williams
- Dr. Reilly Musselman
- Dr. Isabelle Raiche
- Dr. Robin Boushey– General Campus
- Administrative Assistant – France Bourbonnais/Jennifer Guitard
- Dr. Martin Friedlich – General Campus
- -Administrative Assistant – Sharon Walsh
- Lorraine Degrace at the Cancer Assessment Centre (CAC) at the General Campus
- Kris Foss and Waheeda Baksh-Thomas at the Riverside Campus
The Ottawa Colorectal Group is partnering with the Queensway Carleton Hospital (QCH) to improve colorectal care in the region.
Staff at the QCH include:
- Dr. Joel Weaver
- Dr. Jean-Claude Gauthier
- Dr. Melanie Paquin-Gobeil
- Dr. Jean-Michel Aubin
- Dr. Andrew Weekes
All staff of the OCG have surgical privileges at the QCH.
Fellows dedicated to the Colorectal unit are:
- Terry Zwiep PGY7
- Thomas Wallace PGY6
Fellowship Applications due: First week of August
Interview Day: September
Fellowship inquiries should be sent to the program coordinator, Isabel Menard
The main areas of focus within this unit are:
- colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- anorectal disorders
- fecal incontinence
- diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy
Of note, Transanal Total Mesorectal Excision (TATME) is an unusual procedure performed by the Colorectal Group.
The staff members are actively involved in the education of undergraduate medical students and postgraduate trainees (residents and fellows) and in continuing professional development for physicians in practice.
Recent Highlights and Honours for the colorectal subspecialty unit include the following:
- Dr. Isabelle Raiche
received the Award of Educational Advancement and Innovation in
Postgraduate Medical Education (2014)
- Department of surgery teaching award (2016)
General Surgery lead for undergraduate education (medical
- received the Award of Educational Advancement and Innovation in
- Dr. Husein Moloo
- promoted to Associate professor at the University of Ottawa
A list of research by the staff members of the colorectal specialty unit is provided in the General Surgery Division Research section of the website.