Postgraduate Education Overview
The Department of Surgery Postgraduate Education has 112 Residents and Fellows enrolled in its program. There are ten Training Programs within the Department including the Divisions of: General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Urology, Thoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Colo-Rectal Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Pediatric General Surgery.
The exemplary Surgical Postgraduate specialties at the University of Ottawa are taught at the three campuses of The Ottawa Hospital. The Core Surgery Educational Program is complemented by the opening in 2011 of state of the art University of Ottawa Skills and Simulation Center; making the Department of Surgery a leader in both simulation and medical education.
The surgical education program values: clinical excellence, research development and surgical expertise. Postgraduate Surgical Education is overseen by the Department of Surgery Postgraduate Educational Committee.
Select a division to view more on divisional postgraduate education:
- Division of Cardiac Surgery
- Division of General Surgery
- Division of Neurosurgery
- Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Division of Plastic Surgery
- Division of Thoracic Surgery
- Division of Urology
- Division of Vascular Surgery
- Division of Paediatric Surgery
- Division of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Division of Paediatric Urology