Residency Training Program in Geriatric Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa is proud to offer an accredited Subspecialty Residency Training Program in Geriatric Psychiatry.
The Geriatric Psychiatry Residency Training Program has the capacity to accommodate up to three PGY-6 residents:
- Up to one funded position through the Post-graduate medical education office; will depend on availability of this funding
- The balance where alternate sources of funding are available and arranged by the applicant and deemed acceptable by the Faculty of Medicine
Applicants will be applying to this program for their PGY-6 training year. This is the final year of two eligible years of training.
One year of eligible rotations should be completed during PGY-4 and/or PGY-5 in a recognized Psychiatry Residency program in Canada and the resident must be eligible to write the RCPSC (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) examination in general psychiatry at the end of their PGY-5 year.
Complete details on training requirements can be found on the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Website under “Information by Subspecialty”.
For consideration of enrolment in this program, please submit the documents listed below to the attention of:
Dr. Lisa McMurray
Geriatric Psychiatry Residency Program Director
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry
Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
1145 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
By E-mail (in PDF or Microsoft Word Format)
Please include the following:
- A letter of Intent
- Completed Subspecialty Application Form (42 KB)
- ITERs for completed eligible rotations in PGY-4
- Three Letters of Reference; At least one a from Geriatric Psychiatry supervisor
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV)
All application information must be received by September 12, 2016. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All eligible applicants will have their file reviewed by the Geriatric Psychiatry Residency Program Committee. A short list of applicants will be selected and invited for interviews to occur the weeks of October 17th, 2016. The Residency Program committee will inform applicants the results of the selection process on November 15th, 2016; candidates are expected to respond to offers by November 22nd, 2016.