Residency Training Program in Forensic Psychiatry
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Ottawa is proud to offer an accredited Residency Training Program in Forensic Psychiatry.
- Must be eligible to write the RCPSC (Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) examination in general psychiatry.
- Must be eligible for an educational license through the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
An applicant who would meet the above requirements but who has completed medical school outside of North America will have a mandatory 5 year return of service within Ontario if accepted into a MOH (Ministry of Health) funded position.
The Forensic Psychiatry Residency Training Program has also the capacity to accommodate self-funded and other applicants where alternate sources of funding are available. For consideration of enrolment in this program, please submit the following prior to September 12, 2016 to the attention of:
Dr. Dominique Bourget, Program Director
Forensic Psychiatry Division
Residency Program Director
1145 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please include the following:
- A letter of Intent
- Completed Application Form (47 KB)
- A Completed Record of Training
- A Sample of Writing (such as a medico legal report or a consultation in the English language)
- Two Letters of Reference
- An updated C.V.
- LMCC Part I and Part II Results
Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All eligible applicants will have their file reviewed by the Residency Program Committee. A short list of applicants will be selected for interviews. The Residency Program committee will inform applicants the results of the selection process.