Dr. Christine Yang
- Medical Director: Stroke Rehabilitation Program, Elizabeth Bruyere Hospital
- Assistant professor: Division of PM&R, University of Ottawa
- Consultant: The Rehabilitation Center, The Ottawa Hospital, Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Spasticity management
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Stroke rehabilitation efficiency
- Responsiveness of Botulinum toxin and ultrasound
- Fatigue post stroke in the young
- Efficacy of cannabinoids in stroke and MS
- Post stroke fatigue and return to driving and work in young stroke survivors
- Fall risk assessment post stroke and virtual reality in the rehabilitation of stroke patients.
University of Saskatchewan: B.PT
Shanxi Medical College, Taiyuan, China: M.D.
- The 4th Military Medical University, Xian, China: Ph.D
- University of Saskatchewan: postdoctoral fellowship
- University of Saskatchewan: PM&R residency
Yang CP, Finestone HM, Chen PY. Psychosocial determinants of length of stay. Submitted to International Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2015; 3(3):281-286.
Chen FY, Yang CP, Chen PY. (2013) Correct Use of Predictive Values for Evaluating Diagnostic Tests. Radiology. 266(1):364-366
Yang CP., Hader W.J., Zhang X. (2006) Inhibition of axonal injury by cannabinoid in MS animal model induced by peroxynitrate. Brain Res. 1076: 238-242.
Cui S.S., Yang CP., Bowen R.C., et al. (2003) Valproic acid enhances axonal regeneration and recovery of motor function after sciatic nerve axotomy in adult rats. Brain Res. 975: 229-236.
Lu R., Yang P., Padmakumar S. and Misra V. (1998) The herpesvirus transactivator VP16 mimics a human bZIP protein, Luman, in its interaction with HCF. J Virol. 72: 6291-6297.
Lu R., Yang P., and Misra V. (1997) Characterization of the activation domains of the bovine herpesvirus-1 a gene trans-inducing factor. J Virol 71: 4438-4441.
Lu R., Yang P., O'Hare P. and Misra V. (1997) Luman, a new member of the CREB/ATF family, binds to herpes simplex virus VP16-associated host cellular factor. Mol. Cell. Biol. 17: 5117-5126.
Misra V., Walker S., Yang P., Hayes S. and O'Hare P. (1996) Conformational alteration of Oct-1 upon DNA binding selectivity in differential interactions with related transcriptional coactivators. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16: 4404-4413.
Huang G.S., Yang P., Ma F.C. (1992) Hodgkin’s lymphoma in brain. J Clin. Pathol. (London) 45: 183-185.
Yang P. and Huang G.S. (1989) The role of nucleolar organiser regions in differentiating benign astrocyte proliferation and brain tumors. J Clin. Pathol (London) 43:235-238.
Karen H Mallet; Rany M Shamloul; Dale Corbett; Hillel M Finestone; Simon Hatcher; Jim Lumsden; Franco Momoli; Michel CF Shamy; Grant Stotts; Richard H Swartz; Christine Yang; Dar Dowlatshahi. RecoverNow: A Mobile Tablet-Based Rehabilitation Intervention to Treat Post-Stroke Communication Deficits in the Acute Care Setting. PLOS ONE 2016; 11(12): e0167950.