Dr. Christine Yang
- Medical Director: Stroke Rehab program, Elizabeth Bruyere Hospital
- Assistant Professor: Division of PM&R, University of Ottawa
- Active Consultant: The Rehab Center, The Ottawa Hospital, Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Spasticity management
- Eletrodiagnostic Medicine
- Post stroke fatigue and return to work and drive in young stroke survivors
- Fall risk assessment post stroke
- Virtual Reality in the Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients
- Stroke rehabilitation efficiency
- Responsiveness of Botulinum toxin and ultrasound
University of Saskatchewan: B.PT
Shanxi Medical College, Taiyuan, China: M.D.
- The 4th Military Medical University, Xian, China: Ph.D
- University of Saskatchewan: postdoctoral fellowship
- University of Saskatchewan: PM&R residency
- Rutkowski, N., Sabri, E., Yang, C*. (2021) Post-stroke fatigue: A factor associated with inability to return to work in patients <60 years - a 1-year follow-up. PLOS ONE. Published: August 4, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0255538
- Sheehy, Lisa, Sveistrup, Heidi, Knoefel, Frank, Taillon-Hobson, Anne, Martin, Tara, Egan, Mary, Bilodeau, Martin, Welch, Vivian, Yang, Christine, & Finestone. Hillel. (2021). The Use of Home-Based Nonimmersive Virtual Reality to Encourage Physical and Cognitive Exercise in People With Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Feasibility Study. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. Human Kinetics Journals. Published: August 2021 https://doi.org/10.1123/japa.2021-0043.
- Yang, Christine*, Ghaedi, Bahareh, Campbell, Mark, Rutkowski, Nicole, Finestone, Hillel. (2021) Predicting Falls Using the Stroke Assessment of Fall Risk Tool. PM&R: The Journal of Injury, Function and Rehabilitation. PM R 13(3) 274-281.
- Sheehy, Lisa; Taillon-Hobson, Anne; Sveistrup, Heidi; Bilodeau, Martin; Yang, Christine; Finestone, Hillel. (2020) Sitting Balance Exercise Performed Using Virtual Reality Training on a Stroke Rehabilitation Inpatient Service: A Randomized Controlled Study. PM&R: The Journal of Injury, Function and Rehabilitation. PM R 12 754–765
- Lisa Sheehy, Hillel Finestone, Frank Knoefel, Christine Yang, Martin Bilodeau, Vivian Welch, Anne Taillon-Hobson and Heidi Sveistrup. (2019) Centre of pressure displacements produced in sitting during virtual reality training in younger and older adults and patients who have had a stroke. Disability and Rehabilitation – Assistive Technology 15(8): 924-932.
- Sheehy, L., Taillon-Hobson, A., Sveistrup, H., Bilodeau, M., Yang, C., Welch, V., Hossain, A., Finestone, H. (2019). Home-based virtual reality training after discharge from hospital-based stroke rehabilitation: A parallel randomized feasibility trial. Trials 20(1):1-9.
- Karen H Mallet; Rany M Shamloul; Dale Corbett; Hillel M Finestone; Simon Hatcher; Jim Lumsden; Franco Momoli; Michel CF Shamy; Grant Stotts; Richard H Swartz; Christine Yang; Dar Dowlatshahi. (2016) RecoverNow: A Mobile Tablet-Based Rehabilitation Intervention to Treat Post-Stroke Communication Deficits in the Acute Care Setting. PLOS ONE 11(12): e0167950.
- Yang C, Finestone HM, Chen PY. (2015) Psychosocial determinants of length of stay. International Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 3(3):281-286.
- Chen FY, Yang C, Chen PY. (2013) The correct use of predictive values for evaluating diagnostic tests. Radiology. 266(1):364-366.
- Yang CP., Hader W.J., Zhang X. (2006) Inhibition of axonal injury by cannabinoid in MS animal model induced by peroxynitrate. Brain Res. 1076: 238-242.
- Cui S.S., Yang CP, Bowen R.C., et al. (2003) Valproic acid enhances axonal regeneration and recovery of motor function after sciatic nerve axotomy in adult rats. Brain Res. 975: 229-236.
- Lu R., Yang P., Padmakumar S. and Misra V. (1998) The herpesvirus transactivator VP16 mimics a human bZIP protein, Luman, in its interaction with HCF. J Virol. 72: 6291-6297.
- Lu R., Yang P., and Misra V. (1997) Characterization of the activation domains of the bovine herpesvirus-1 a gene trans-inducing factor. J Virol 71: 4438-4441.
- Lu R., Yang P., O'Hare P. and Misra V. (1997) Luman, a new member of the CREB/ATF family, binds to herpes simplex virus VP16-associated host cellular factor. Mol. Cell. Biol. 17: 5117-5126.
- Misra V., Walker S., Yang P., Hayes S. and O'Hare P. (1996) Conformational alteration of Oct-1 upon DNA binding selectivity in differential interactions with related transcriptional coactivators. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16: 4404-4413.
- Huang G.S., Yang P., Ma F.C. (1992) Hodgkin’s lymphoma in brain. J Clin. Pathol. (London) 45: 183-185.
- Yang P. and Huang G.S. (1989) The role of nucleolar organiser regions in differentiating benign astrocyte proliferation and brain tumors. J Clin. Pathol (London) 43:235-238.