Dr. Hillel M. Finestone
- Physiatrist and Electromyographer, The Rehabilitation Centre
- Consultant, The Ottawa Hospital
- Associate Professor, Division of of Ottawa
- Adjunct Professor, University of Western Ontario
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Treatment of Spinal
- Post-Traumatic and Musculoligamentous Pain
- Occupational Medicine
- Driving and Stroke Issues
- Nutrition, Dysphagia and Stroke
- Effect of of Psycho-social Issues on Recovery from a Musculoskeletal Injury
- Use of Virtual Reality in the Physical Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients
- McGill University
- McGill U.-1979-1983
- Family Med. Residency U of O-1983-85
- PM&R Residency U of O- 1985-88
- Research Fellowship, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 1988-89
- Teasell RN, McRae MP, Finestone HM. Social issues in the rehabilitation of younger stroke patients. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2000 Feb; 81 (2): 205-9.
- Finestone HM, Stenn P, Davies F, Stalker C, Fry R, Koumanis J. Chronic pain and health care utilization in women with a history of childhood sexual abuse. Child Abuse & Neglect 2000;24(4):547-556.
- Finestone HM. Safe feeding for the patients with stroke. The Lancet, May 13, 2000
- Teasell RW, McRrae MP, Foley N, Finestone HM. Use of percutaneous gastrojejunostomy feeding tubes in the rehabilitation of stroke patients. Arch Phys Med and Rehabil 2001 Oct; 82 (10); 1412-15.
- Finestone, HM. Foley NC, Woodbury MG, Greene-Finestone L. Quantifying Fluid Intake in Dysphagic Stroke Patients: A Preliminary Comparison of Oral Versus Non-Oral Strategies. Arch Phys Med and Rehabil. 2001; 82; 1744-46.
- Lo JK, Finestone HM, Gilbert K, Woodbury GM. Community-Based Referrals for Electrodiagnostic Studies in Patients with Possible Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: What is the diagnosis. Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil., 2002;83:598-60.
- Teasell RW, Foley N, Doherty T, Finestone H. Clinical Characteristics of Patients with Brain Stem Stroke Admitted to a Rehabilitation Unit. Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil., 2002;83:1013-6.
- Finestone HM, Woodbury MG, Foley NC, Teasell RW, Greene-Finestone LS. Tracking Clinical Improvement of Swallowing Disorders After Stroke. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, 2002;11: 23-27.
- Teasell R, Foley N, Fisher J, Finestone H. The Incidence, Management, and Complications of Dysphagia in Patients with Medullary Strokes Admitted to a Rehabilitation Unit. Dysphagia, 2002; 17:115-120.
- Finestone HM, Greene-Finestone LS, Foley NC, Woodbury MG. Measuring Longitudinally The Metabolic Demands of Stroke Patients - Resting Energy Expenditure Is Not Elevated. Stroke, 2003:34:502-507.
- Sveistrup H, McComas J, Thornton M, Marshall S, Finestone H, McCormick A, Babulic K, Mayhew A. Experimental Studies of Virtual Reality-Delivered Compared to Conventional Exercise Programs for Rehabiliation. CyberPsychology and Behavior, 2003;6:245-9.
- Finestone HM, Greene-Finestone LS. Diagnosis of Dysphagia and Its Nutritional Management for Stroke Patients. CMAJ 2003;169(10):1041-4