Dr. Nancy Dudek
- Professor - University of Ottawa
- Associate Staff - The Ottawa Hospital, Civic & General Campus, TRC
- Active Consultant - SCO Health Service
- Medical Staff - Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre
- Medical Staff – Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Medical education
- Amputee rehabilitation
- 1995 – Bachelor of Science, Honours Physiology, University of Western Ontario
- 1999 – University of Western Ontario
- 2004 – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, University of Ottawa
- 2005 – Master of Education (Health Professional Education), Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Cheung WJ, Gofton W, Wood T, Duffy M, Dewhirst S, Dudek N. The Ottawa Emergency Department Shift Observation Tool (O-EDShOT): A new tool for assessing resident competence in the emergency department. AEM Education and Training. First published online 20 November 2019.;
- Anton A, Legault Z, Dudek N. Validity of the comprehensive high-level activity mobility predictor (CHAMP) in a heterogeneous population with lower extremity amputations. Prosthetics and Orthotics International. 2020;44(2) 60–65.;
- Dudek N, Gofton W, Rekman J, McDougall A. Faculty and resident perspectives on using entrustment anchors for workplace-based assessment. JGME 2019 Jun. ;
- Halman S, Rekman J, Wood T, Baird A, Gofton W, Dudek N. Avoid reinventing the wheel: implementation of the Ottawa Clinic Assessment Tool (OCAT) in internal medicine. BMC Medical Education 2018 Dec;18(1):218.
- Rekman J, Hamstra S, Dudek N, Wood T, Seabrook C, Gofton W. A New Instrument for Assessing Resident Competence in Surgical Clinic: The Ottawa Clinic Assessment Tool (OCAT). Journal of Surgical Education. 2016;73(4):575-582.
- Voduc N, Dudek N, Parker CM, Sharma KB, Wood TJ. Development and validation of a bronchoscopy competence assessment tool in a clinical setting. Annals of the American Thoracic Society. 2016;13(4):495-501.
- Dudek N, Dojeiji S, Day K, Varpio L. Feedback to supervisors: is anonymity really so important? Academic Medicine. Published online 29 March 2016 as DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000001170.
- Rekman J, Gofton W, Dudek N, Gofton T, Hamstra S. Entrustability anchor scales: outlining their usefulness for clinical competency based assessment. Academic Medicine. 2016;91(2):186-190.
- MacEwan M, Dudek N, Wood T, Gofton W. Continued validation of the O-SCORE (Ottawa Surgical Competency Operating Room Evaluation): use in the simulated environment. Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 2016;28(1):72-79.
- Kendall C, Lemaire E, Kofman J, Dudek N. Gait adaptions of transfemoral prosthesis users across multiple walking tasks. Prosthetics & Orthotics International. 2016;40:89-95.
- Sinitski EH, Herbert-Copley AG, Lemaire ED, Doyle SS, Besemann M, Dudek NL. Center of pressure and total force analyses for amputees walking with a backpack load over four surfaces. Applied Ergonomics. 2016;52:169-176.
- Reid L, Thomson P, Besemann M, Dudek N. Going places – does the two minute walk test predict the six minute walk test in lower extremity amputees. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine 2015:47(3):256-261.
- Dudek NL, Dojeiji S. Twelve tips for completing quality in-training evaluation reports. Medical Teacher 2014:36(12):1038-1042.
- Bismil R, Dudek NL, Wood TJ. In-training evaluations: developing an automated screening tool to measure report quality. Medical Education 2014:48:724-732.
- Doyle SS, Lemaire ED, Besemann M, Dudek NL. Changes to level ground transtibial amputee gait with a weighted back pack. Clinical Biomechanics 2014:29(2):149-154.
- Dudek NL, Marks MB, Bandiera G, White J, Wood TJ. Quality in-training evaluation reports – does feedback drive faculty performance? Academic Medicine 2013:88(8):1129-1134.
- Dudek N, Marks M, Dojeiji S. Completing a quality evaluation report – what clinical supervisors need to know - a faculty development workshop. MedEdPORTAL; 2013. Available from: www.mededportal.org/publication/9320
- Dudek NL, Marks MB, Wood TJ, Dojeiji S, Bandiera G, Hatala R, Cooke L, Sadownik L. Quality evaluation reports – can a faculty development program make a difference?. Medical Teacher 2012:34(11):e725-e731.
- Gofton WT, Dudek NL, Wood TJ, Balaa F, Hamstra SJ. The Ottawa surgical competency operating room evaluation (O-SCORE): a tool to assess surgical competence. Academic Medicine 2012;87(10):1401-1407.
- Quon DL, Dudek NL, Marks M, Boutet M & Varpio L. A qualitative study of factors influencing the decision to have an elective amputation. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2011;93:2087-92.
- Kendell, CL, Lemaire ED, Dudek NL, Kofman J. Indicators of dynamic stability in transtibial prosthesis users. Gait and Posture 2010; 31 (3): 375-379.
- Dudek N, Trudel G. Joint contractures. In Frontera WR, Silver JK, Rizzo Jr. TD, eds. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain and Rehabilitation, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Saunders Elsevier, 2008: 651-5.
- Dudek NL, Marks MB, Lee C & Wood T. Assessing the quality of supervisors’ completed clinical evaluation reports. Medical Education 2008;42:816-22.
- Dudek NL, Khan OD, Lemaire ED, Marks MB & Saville L. Ambulation monitoring of transtibial amputation subjects with a patient activity monitor versus a pedometer. Journal of rehabilitation research and development 2008;54(4):577-85.
- 2018 - CAPM&R Meridith Marks Award
- 2018 - Royal College/Journal of Graduate Medical Education Top Research Paper in Residency Education at the International Conference on Residency Education. N Dudek, W Gofton, J Rekman, A McDougall
- 2012 - Award for Teaching Excellence 7th Canadian Comprehensive Review Course in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- 2012 - Canadian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Paper of the Year Award – D. Quon, N. Dudek, M. Marks, M. Boutet, L. Varpio
- 2012 - University of Ottawa Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Teaching Award
- 2011 - Dr. Meredith Marks Education Award for Innovation & Scholarship in Medical Education
- 2009 - Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada Young Educators Award
- 2009 - Compass Award – The Ottawa Hospital
- 2007 - University of Ottawa – Teaching Skills Attainment Award