Adolfo J. de Bold
B.Sc.(Cord.), M.Sc.(Queen's), Ph.D.(ibid.), F.R.S.C., F.R.C.P.(Hon.)
Full Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine.
Cross-appointed Professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine.
Member, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, University of Ottawa.
Director, Cardiovascular Endocrinology Laboratory, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin St. Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y 4W7, Canada.
Telephone: (613) 761 4265
Fax: (613) 761 1597
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Synthesis & Mechanism of action of ANF and BNP and their relation to hypertension and congestive heart failure.
- Light and electron microscopy.
- Dosage of polypeptide hormones.
- Molecular biology.
- In vivo, in vitro models of disease.
- PLC signaling tonically represses basal atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion from the atria of the heart. Chang, A.I. and deBold, A.J. Submitted for publication, 2009.
- The Cardiac Hormones ANF and BNP Modulate Proliferation in the Unidirectional Mixed Lymphocyte Reaction. Kuroski deBold, M.L., Etchepare, A., Martinuk, A. and deBold, A.J.
J.Heart Lung.Transplant. Accepted for publication, 2009.
- Invited Editorial: Cardiac natriuretic peptides: gaining further insights into structure-function relationships. deBold, A.J.
J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., In press, 2009.
- Transcriptional Analysis of the Heart with Special Reference to its Endocrine Function.
McGrath, M.F., Kuroski deBold, M.L. and deBold, A.J.
BMC Genomics 10:254, 2009
- Role of potassium channels in stretch-promoted atrial natriuretic factor (ANF) secretion
Ogawa, T., Forero, M., Burgon, P.G., Kuroski deBold, M.L., Georgalis,T. and deBold, A.J.
J.Am.Soc.Hyperten. 3: 9-18, 2009
- Cardiac Natriuretic Peptides Gene Expression and Secretion in Inflammation
Invest. Med. 2009 57: 29-32, 2009
- Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonism Reverts Cardiac BNP Upregulation and Secretion Observed in Myocarditis
Ogawa, T, Veinot, J. P., Georgalis, T. and deBold, A. J.
Am.J.Physiol. 294: H5296, 2008
- Relationship between Natriuretic Peptides and Inflammation. Proteomic Evidence Obtained during Acute Cardiac Allograft Rejection in Humans
Meirovich, Y. F., Veinot, J. P., Kuroski deBold, M. L., Haddad, H., Davies, R.A., Masters, R. G., Hendry, P. J. and deBold, A.J.
J.Heart Lung Transplant. 27:31-7. 2008
- Determinants of Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) Gene Expression and Secretion in Acute Cardiac Allograft Rejection.
Current Opinions in Cardiology 22: 146-150, 2007
- Gene Expression, Processing and Secretion of Natriuretic Peptides. Physiological and Diagnostic Implications
Ramos, H. and deBold, A.J.
Clinics of North America, Heart Failure Clinics 2 (3): 255, 2006