Online Media Library
Our online video library (also called our Media Library) is a repository for storing audio and video content meant for online consumption and distribution. To put it simply, our Media Library can be considered a "YouTube"-style service meant for content affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine.
Some benefits of hosting content within the library include:
- Content is available on multiple platforms (smartphones, tablets, desktop/laptop PCs and Mac's).
- Content can be embedded into your website so videos play when users visit targeted areas of your site.
- Content can be secured based on requirements you specify, for example all Faculty of Medicine personnel, only people in a certain department, student-only, curriculum-only, specific group of individuals.
- Secured content is accessed using your Faculty of Medicine credentials (i.e.: FoM account, One45, curriculum, etc.).
- Dual high-definition and standard-definition support for uploaded videos.
- Fully supported by our Multimedia and Web Specialists to assist you in adding content.
Adding your content
Adding your content is easy! Use our online form to request more information on acquiring the proper accesses to upload videos. We will also take the opportunity to discuss your security requirements for the content that you will upload. Some examples of content you can add:
- Instructional videos
- How-to videos
- Procedural videos
- Podcasts / Vodcasts
- Screen captures
- ... and more!
Please contact us for more information on how you can leverage the media library for your department.
- Available to all Faculty of Medicine personnel and affiliates. Please contact us for upload access.
- Service available 24/7.
- Request more information
- Phone: 613-562-5648
- Support hours (M-F):
8am - 5pm (Sept - May)
8am - 4pm (Jun. - Aug.)