Instructional Resources for Interactive Webcasts
Welcome to the Adobe Connect portal. This website provides relevant and easy to follow information and support about webcasting and webinars.The following are guidelines to ensure your webcast/webinar experience goes as well as possible. To ensure the best possible results, you will need to use our webcast equipment and ensure your presentation is well formatted.
To ensure that your presentation will work with our webcasting technology (Adobe Connect), you will need to follow these simple guidelines.
- Your presentation must always be prepared with Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013 (Microsoft Office for Mac and Apple Keynote are not supported)
- Presentation must be Saved As an "Office 97-2003 presentation format", or .ppt (Otherwise, there may be presentation issues if the required add-in is not properly installed).
- Avoid using slide transitions as they will be removed when uploaded.
- Most typical fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman or Courier work without any issues. You may have compatibility issues with non-standard fonts which will be replaced by default fonts.
Once your presentation is complete following the guidelines above we strongly recommended uploading your presentation in Adobe Connect and verify that it displays properly and as well as to confirm that nothing is missing.
We strongly recommend against using your own equipment. There are often variables that we cannot control and therefore cannot guarantee a smooth experience. If however you absolutely must use your own equipment, here are the guidelines we recommend. Please note that using your own equipment could result in problems and delays with your webcast.
Adobe Connect Add-In
The Adobe Connect Add-in is required for all webcasts. This add-in provides enhanced usability, proper audio and video performance and additional support for presentation material.
You must download the proper version of the Adobe Connect Add-in at the following location:
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor (or equivalent) for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended) for Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 11.2+
Mac OS (A microphone jack adapter will be required for newer Apple products and is available for loan at our office)
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.7.4, 10.8, 10.9
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 11.2+
- I am unable to connect to Adobe Connect
- My PowerPoint is missing images and/or is improperly formatted. How can this be resolved?
- What is the file size limit for an uploaded presentation?
- How do I create a new meeting?
- How many people can attend a meeting?
- Why I am unable to hear anything?
- How can I log on using my iPad, iPhone or Android device?
- What can I do if my video is choppy?
- Can someone who isn’t hosting or presenting the webcast communicate with audio and video?
- Can I record my meeting?
- Can I watch recorded meetings on my iPad/iPhone/ Android?
- Welcome to Adobe Connect (PPT 269 KB)
- Do I have to have the webinars accredited?
- Why would I want to have them accredited?
- How do I get the webinars accredited?
- How can I register participants and send them their certificates?
- Where can I get help around the criteria for accreditation or help with designing the webinar?
Educational or Instructional Design
- Training Requests
- Adobe Connect support outside of Medtech’s business hours:
Distance Education (613-562-5282)